cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Product help links became unreadable

Rocko
17-Peridot

Product help links became unreadable

I've noticed this with others in the last days that when they share links from PTC Thingworx Help, the links now contain some encoded ID and basically become unreadable. It doesn't happen to me, might be a browser thing. The links they have look like this:

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/?_gl=1*19yh7tx*_ga*MjE5MzAzNTI0LjE2NzQwNTk5Mjg.*_ga_1QBT6P6HR1*MTY4ODU3MDg3MS4xMzkuMS4xNjg4NTcwOTA3LjAuMC4w*_ga_CBN5QVB9VJ*MTY4ODU3MDg4NS4yNS4xLjE2ODg1NzA5MDcuMC4wLjA.#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/DeploymentArchitecture/thingworx_deployment_architectures.html#

(for me it still looks like this:

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/DeploymentArchitecture/thingworx_deployment_architectures.html#)

It's quite inconvenient to share those long links, plus there is the question if this code contains private data about their session or user. Anyone knows what's going on there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Rocko)

It was an intentional change by PTC to track site usage.  Hopefully they will do something different in the future.

You can read an official response here:  Re: Clean Up Supprt URLs - PTC Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Rocko)

It was an intentional change by PTC to track site usage.  Hopefully they will do something different in the future.

You can read an official response here:  Re: Clean Up Supprt URLs - PTC Community

Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

Thanks! I hope there will be an update...

Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

@TomU I have not seen any feedback so far, but I fixed the issue for myself by using the ClearURLs addon in firefox to remove the clutter from the URL.

Top Tags