cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

DavidBrand
14-Alexandrite

When trying to connect to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/ I am getting 

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.c4f655f.1684313244.3ed7273

Our IT department have investigated here and are telling me this is a PTC problem; is anyone else experiencing the same, or have a solution?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @DavidBrand ,

Thanks for reporting this. The site is available now.

Checking our monitoring tools, there was a spike in response times (likelydue to one or more of the nodes being down) at 10:15 UK time. We're looking into root cause and will report back once we have details. 

Best regards, 

Peter.  

DavidBrand
14-Alexandrite
(To:PeterCase)

Thanks for responding, this has been happening on and off for at least two weeks and has progressively gotten worse. I have noticed it isn't limited to the support site; any link that begins with ptc.com displays the error. 

Hi @DavidBrand , working with the server team, the logs showed no outages and continued activity over the last few days. It looks like our problem is further upstream at the network layer.

We looked into your interactions for the rest of the day yesterday (May 17th) and saw that you successfully accessed My PTC Home, the Search tool, the Support Assistant and the Creo Product page. Did you take any steps, such as flushing the DNS cache, using Incognito mode or something else to address the issue ?

Another possibility, as you've mentioned that this is happening on any page under the ptc.com domain, is our web caching CDN has an issue.

We'll reach out through Community mail to work further with you on this. 

Best regards, 

Peter.  

eSupport users, 

Is anyone else seeing an intermittent DNS failure with a Reference code as shown above ? We're working with our CDN vendor to determine the source of the problem but it would be helpful to know if this is more than an isolated issue.

Many thanks, 

Peter.      

No problem for me for several weeks

Marco
Top Tags