cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

uBlock Origin is Blocking Proper Access to Knowledgebase Search

Jenny
11-Garnet

uBlock Origin is Blocking Proper Access to Knowledgebase Search

As a Portal Search User, have you ever encountered such an error message while trying to search in PTC Knowledgebase?

Screenshot%202020-05-19%20at%2010_03_57.png

Based on previous occurrences, some other things aside from browser type and cache can cause this issue. Recently, uBlock Origin was the most frequent cause of this Search malfunction.

We are suggesting below steps to self-diagnose first:

Step 1: Clear the browser cache and restart the browser.

Step 2: Try with another browser and see whether the issue still exists.

Step 3: Check the browser setting and configuration and see whether there is any adblocker blocking Search from functioning, for example, uBlock Origin.

Most of the time the above steps should be able to solve the issue. If not, continue with the following steps...

Step 4: Check if you can access Search through absolute URL: https://support.ptc.com/search/Pages/result.aspx. as well as the relative URL: https://support.ptc.com/search

Step 5: Check if there is any network security restrictions or proxy issue in the local network. If possible, try from a different network.

8 REPLIES 8
dsmith-9
4-Participant
(To:Jenny)

Currently when searching for any reference documentation is returning zero results.  See attached... a simple search for Creo Parametric 7 reference documents returns zero results.  There should be a ton of results.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dsmith-9)

It's not just you, I'm seeing the same thing.  Something is very wrong.  Maybe @PeterCase knows why.

Hi @dsmith-9  and @TomU ,

Responding quickly to acknowledge that the problem is on our side. At first look it seems like the index for Reference Documents is either disconnected or corrupted. I've pulled in the Enterprise Search team to investigate and resolve on highest urgency. We'll keep you updated as we make progress.

Thanks for letting us know,

Peter.

Hi @dsmith-9 and @TomU , we're re-crawling all Reference Documents right now. Hold tight.

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi @dsmith-9  and @TomU , we completed the reindexing and have restored all Refdocs in Search / Refdocs Browse. Please let us know if you still see anything unexpected. Sorry for the inconvenience here. We'll investigate what happened to remove RefDocs from our indexes.

Peter.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

Looks like they're working again.  One question - is it normal to see other language articles mixed in with the results?  I guess I would have thought the search would only return articles in the preferred language.

TomU_0-1646839855679.png

dsmith-9
4-Participant
(To:PeterCase)

I have the same issue as @TomU  - results are displaying in various languages with no filtering option.

Hi @dsmith-9 and @TomU ,

Our Search should only show English results for all Content Types if your eSupport language is set to English. If it's set to a language other than English, it attempts to find hits for the string / facets you've entered first of all in your chosen language, then queries the English indexes for the same.

So, in your case, it shouldn't show these Br-PT items.

I've let the Search team know and we'll aim to have this fixed as soon as possible.

Many thanks again,

Peter.

Top Tags