cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

2d Drawing DXF export w/o outer views

FSD
2-Guest
2-Guest

2d Drawing DXF export w/o outer views

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Date Code 7.0.8.0

I need to export a 2d drawing to .dxf. The export works so far, but unfortunately a view outside the drawing frame is exported as well even I choose "all sheets as paper area" (translated from german). Is there a way to export just the sheet w/o outer elements? Thanks BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hadardor
17-Peridot
(To:FSD)

Hello,

DXF is data translation from one format to another. Hence, exports the whole content of the file.

Comparing to the PDF export, the PDF is a print, hence catches the printable area only while exporting as PDF.

There is hence no way to exclude drawing view to be considred for DXF/DWG export.

Better approach is "Erase View" like said by @MartinHanak 

A mapkey with PAUSE can be programmed to make things somehow fast.
A side point is that "put a drawing view in a layer in order to hide the layer" is not possible and there is no setting to do that .. Items in drawing view (surf, edg, curve, ...) can be added to layer but not the view .. Just try create a new layer and go to filter in bottom right corner  and will not find "drawing view". All accessible for selection is the solid geom that implies ALL solid geom in drawing sheet will be hidden once you hide the layer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I don't know of any easy way to turn off outer views. You can apply Erase view command to hide outer views before exporting.

Martin Hanák
dnordin
15-Moonstone

FSD,

Place the views that are outside of the format on a layer and blank the layer.  Use the config option "intf2d_out_blanked_layers no".

Regards,

Dan N.

FSD
2-Guest
2-Guest
(To:dnordin)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. The idea was good but doesn´t work as expected.

If the outer view is a cross section of some other view, this origin/mother view will be blanked as well if I put the outer x-section on a layer and blank it.

Is there maybe an config option to skip everything out of the format during export?

Thanks in advance,

BR Sven

hadardor
17-Peridot

Hello,

DXF is data translation from one format to another. Hence, exports the whole content of the file.

Comparing to the PDF export, the PDF is a print, hence catches the printable area only while exporting as PDF.

There is hence no way to exclude drawing view to be considred for DXF/DWG export.

Better approach is "Erase View" like said by @MartinHanak 

A mapkey with PAUSE can be programmed to make things somehow fast.
A side point is that "put a drawing view in a layer in order to hide the layer" is not possible and there is no setting to do that .. Items in drawing view (surf, edg, curve, ...) can be added to layer but not the view .. Just try create a new layer and go to filter in bottom right corner  and will not find "drawing view". All accessible for selection is the solid geom that implies ALL solid geom in drawing sheet will be hidden once you hide the layer.

FSD
2-Guest
2-Guest
(To:hadardor)

Thanks for the proposal.

In the meanwhile I used a workaround via Autodesk AutoCAD. I opened the via Creo created .dxf in AutoCAD and erased everything outside the drawing frame.

Probably my fault to expect a handy solution.

Thanks anyway. BR Sven.

Top Tags