cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Borrowed licence and Windcill remote

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Borrowed licence and Windcill remote

Hi again,

I have sucessfully figured out how to borrow and return Creo licenses. The reason for this is that our VPN from home has been down for over a month. They are switching to another provider and hosing us in the process. 

So, when I work from home I can access Windchill via the browser within Creo because we have a common access card to allow access. I am able to see all my work spaces. However, it shows nothing in them. I know there are files in there because I can see them when I look in a regular browser outside of Creo. I am able to search Windchill and open files in common space, which will now be in my work space. So it will show new stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows why all my work spaces appear blank from my borrowed licence scenerio described above.

Thanks,

WayneF

3 REPLIES 3
cying
10-Marble
(To:wfalco)

Wayne,

You can borrow the license for up to 5 days max.  Once the license is borrowed, you can not return it until the last day.  Regarding your local cache, you want to check your startup script or your parametric.psf file to see where your cache is setup.

For example: 

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\ptc\prowork\CACHE
ENV=CREO_AGENT_HOME=C:\ptc\prowork\AGENT

Cal

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:cying)

Yingster...

I figured out how to borrow up to 179 days...I think is the number. I also figured out how to return the license any time.

As for the local cache...I don't think I have permission on my machine to change files.

Thanks dude,

Wayne

cying
10-Marble
(To:wfalco)

Wayne,

Nice, I guess a lot has changed since I used to manage the license server.  We turned our borrow license off due to the latest bug with the Flexnet.  Plus, we have 150 float seats shared among ~600 users.  

It's nice to know that you can return the borrowed license before the due date.  I believe the "5-day" borrowing is a setting that we added in the past.  You can also add a list of users that can do the borrowing.

https://support.ptc.com/help/modeler/r9.2/en/index.html#page/Integrity_Modeler/rtsinst/License_Borrowing_Frequently_asked_questions.html

Talk to your local admin, I would recommend adding the cache setting in your parametric.psf file.  

Cal

Top Tags