cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

CGM file creation-Disable log creation

RGE
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

CGM file creation-Disable log creation

While creation of a cgm file using File->Save a copy... as *.cgm file, a log file is created along with the cgm file, with extension as follows, ......cgm__out.log.1.

Can we disble this log creation while the cgm creation by any settings?

e.g.

Solid_cgm__out.log.1

Solid.cgm

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
BrianMartin
11-Garnet
(To:RGE)

Hi RGE...

I don't believe you can suppress this log file. Don't take this the wrong way but... why do you want to avoid the log file? If the files are merely nuisances, maybe they could be removed by a simple script or a mapkey?

The log files created are of bigger size as it is writing lot of information in the log which in turn seems to be affecting the performance. So if I can disable the log, it may help improving the performance.

For a cgm file of size, 4211KB it is creating a log of 14658KB

BrianMartin
11-Garnet
(To:RGE)

Ah, I see. I don't believe there's a way to disable creation of this log via the interface. That is, there's not an option you can set to skip the log file.

I hate to give definitive "no" answers to questions because in Creo and Pro/E there are usually ways to work around most problems. In this case though, I think you're stuck.

Wish I had better news.

-Brian

Are you writing to a local hard drive, or to a network?

For Mechanica analyses, we've found a huge speed improvement by writing the temporary files to a local drive - even if you ultimately want the .cgm file on a network, saving it locally then moving it might be quicker overall.

We are creating the cgm in local drive only.

Top Tags