cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can i get Creo 2.0 to run smoothly using this laptop?

lmagnolio
1-Newbie

Can i get Creo 2.0 to run smoothly using this laptop?

I am trying to use Creo Parametric 2.0 (M120) which I have just stated to learn at school but have been away for awhile. A project is due soon and all I have is my laptop the specs are Intel Dual Core t4400, 4gbs of ram, Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics and windows 7 64bit. Is there any possible way of me to get Creo to run on this? I've seen somewhere about editing the config file and typing "graphics win32_gdi" but I don't know how to do that. If anything I just need to do 2d sketching and then Extrude, Revolve at school. I'm pretty sure my school computer is the same specs is similar as it uses windows xp and is 5 or 6 years old and creo runs smoothly on it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

A search in the C drive should turn up a file named "config.pro" It's just a text file.

PTC should auto configure the config files so that when an Intel graphics chip is discovered, the default is to turn off Open_gl and Directx.

Check this for info on changing the config file http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/simulate/getstart/getstart/reference/cfgpro_util_d…

Hi,

when you finish Creo Parametric 2.0 installation on your laptop, you will find config.pro file in <Creo2_LOADPOINT>\Creo 2.0\Common Files\Mxxx\text\ directory.

Open config.pro in Worpad, add the following line at the end of the file and save it.

graphics win32_gdi

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Leo,

Did the previous suggestions help get you going?

Top Tags