cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Clarification about uifcCreateDialog

mwang-2
1-Newbie

Clarification about uifcCreateDialog

I have a question about the method uifcCreateDialog used to create Custom UI dialog.

In the documentation PTC Creo Editor, they write that to create an UI instance you have to use the following code:

uifcCreateDialog (“MyDialogInstance”,“my_dialog_resource_file”);

My question is what are the input. From the API documentation I see that they are both xrstring. But what do they represent, is my_dialog_resource_file the path of the resource file? Is MyDialogInstance the name of a variable. Or are they just arbitrary names? Also Do you guys have a sample code making use of the User Interface Foundation Classes?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi  : )

So you have two inputs:

uifcCreateDialog is the OTK representation of ProUIDialogCreate.

Example: ProUIDialogCreate("DialogInstanceName", "RessourceFileName");

Variables

- First the diealog instance name is the name of the dialog inside your code world. It can only exists once at a time. So you can't create more than one dialog with the same instance name at the time and that's how you find your Dialog if you need it.

- ressource Filename - shows to a resource file inside the "text/usascii/resource" or if you have the translation turned on "text/resource/" directory

To show the Dialog you need to activate it.

Don't forget to add some Closing actions. Otherwise it's been opened until creo shutdown : )

Br,

Eike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi  : )

So you have two inputs:

uifcCreateDialog is the OTK representation of ProUIDialogCreate.

Example: ProUIDialogCreate("DialogInstanceName", "RessourceFileName");

Variables

- First the diealog instance name is the name of the dialog inside your code world. It can only exists once at a time. So you can't create more than one dialog with the same instance name at the time and that's how you find your Dialog if you need it.

- ressource Filename - shows to a resource file inside the "text/usascii/resource" or if you have the translation turned on "text/resource/" directory

To show the Dialog you need to activate it.

Don't forget to add some Closing actions. Otherwise it's been opened until creo shutdown : )

Br,

Eike

Top Tags