cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 3.0 M10 Essentials Update ,patch download ??

KM_10985688
3-Visitor

Creo 3.0 M10 Essentials Update ,patch download ??

Hello, I have the opportunity to purchase Creo version 3.0 M10 Essentials. I would like to ask because this version is already a few years old, is there any update, patch to download or improvement? Can I use the license key that I had from version 3.0 in Creo 4.0 or newer? I saw somewhere Creo versions with numbers M20, M60, I don't know what exactly that means?? I would be grateful for your answer and some tips because I'm really considering buying it 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:KM_10985688)

It is unlikely you can legally buy a "used" license of creo. There may be ways, I don't know.

If a license of creo 3 was owned, you can legally use creo 3. Creo 4 will not work.

The M#'s are the old method PTC used to delineate the updates (aka build code) Creo 3.0 was initially released with F000 as the build and then each update to creo was a maintenance release, Creo 3.0 M010, Creo 3.0 M020, Creo 3.0 M030, etc. They are all creo 3.0, just updates to the software to fix bugs or security issues or whatever in Creo 3.

StephenW_0-1710000264610.png

I can buy Creo 3.0 together with a laptop on which the program is installed and this program has a license key assigned to the network card, the person from whom I could buy Creo 3.0 even showed me how to transfer the license to another network card in the event of a laptop failure, and if I have M10 versions can be updated, e.g. to M20 or higher? Can I download the latest version for creo 3.0 from the manufacturer's website? i.e. the 3.0 license does not work for newer versions with a perpetual license, but the latest version of the program works backwards, so I can run the older ones?? is there any method to obtain a perpetual license file for versions e.g. 4.0 or 5.0, because the later ones are probably already subscribed from what I know

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I have no legal advice for you.

You are posting on PTC owned public community.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

A license is owned by a company or an individual. An individual can sell his license to another person, but must get permission from PTC to do so. 

A company cannot sell off portions of their licenses, they have to sell the whole division that uses the licenses or transfer the licenses back to the corporate entity or another division. Again, the selling of the division and licenses is subject to PTC approval. 

Running cracked code is illegal and there are things in the code that can detect if you have a legal license or an illegal cracked version.

You can only use the license file for the highest version it is created for. Older versions of Cro will work, but not newer ones.

Top Tags