cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo Parametric 2.0 Build M090 and Plastic Advisor

JohnCampbell
2-Guest

Creo Parametric 2.0 Build M090 and Plastic Advisor

Does anyone else get "Failed to write to system registry: Try REGEDIT" error message when launching Plastic Advisor option with Creo Parametric 2.0 Build M090? I get it constantly, but the program still launches. It used to work fine with Creo Parametric 2.0 Build M050, but even these machines are throwing the same error ticket. Only fix I found (Windows 7 Environment) was to change the User Account Control Settings to Never Notify and then launch Plastic Advisor option with Creo Parametric 2.0 Build M090. That seems to let it write to where ever it needs to in the Registry. Then I move User Account Control Settings back to where they were previously and the error message no longer shows up. I am an administrator on all the machines at our site. Every single one of them acts this way until I fix it. And I always restart the machine, after i change the User Account Control Settings, to make sure they take. If anyone knows of another way to fix this please let me know.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
jfontana
4-Participant
(To:JohnCampbell)

I have ran into this also. Have not found a fix yet.

Top Tags