cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo will not open

amoreira
1-Newbie

Creo will not open

I am running Windows 10 and have Creo 2.0 installed on my computer and it will not open. I run it, I run it on administrator, but nothing happens. The cursor "thinks" and then nothing. I also try to open ModelCHECK, Structure, and Thermal with nothing. When I open Structure, it does tell me there is an Unknown licensing error 26. This has been going on for the past several weeks, usually after I restart my computer. After about a day after the restart, Creo will open again. What is the problem here? I am losing valuable time.

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:amoreira)

Commercial or student version of Creo2?

Commercial version of Creo 2, build 190 and higher are certified for Windows 10.

Not sure of the Windows 10 support for the student version, contact PTC academic support.

Commercial.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Then I would guess you need to download and install m190 or higher and try it again.

I'm not sure what that means. Now Creo opens but I get the (-15) Cannot Connect to license server system. A full 24 hours without a reboot and I still cannot do my work. It's extremely frustrating.

M190 is a software build.  There are different builds of each version and in order to run Creo 2 on Windows 10 you need build M190 or higher.

You can find different software builds here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/index.jsp

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi,

• go to Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin directory
  • open parametric.psf file in Notepad
  • locate line starting with​ ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE, its value is equal to 7788@ServerName
  • check whether ServerName computer is running Creo license manager

MH

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I would suggest you contact Tech Support. Call them directly.

Technical Support

800-477-6435

Top Tags