cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo won't run from shortcut

lsilva
1-Newbie

Creo won't run from shortcut

I've been messing with windows' environment variables.

Don't know what I've changed, but now Creo will no longer start via desktop shortcut.

I can copy the path from this shortcut and put on a CMD prompt (Start+R > cmd). Creo will run fine with this method (proving it's integrity).

How to fix it ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:lsilva)

Maybe the 'start in' is broken or the permissions on the shortcut have changed? Dunno for sure, but something to eliminate.

I've deleted and recreated the shortcut. First time without, then with the Start in option. Did Not work.

The program won't run from the executable straight either

Creo's startup is a whole scripting system.

How it works, I don't know. But it depends on the environment variables. That was the only thing I've changed.

Lucas,

create a shortcut to parametric.exe file and give it a try. Set Start in directory to %TEMP%

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Tried.
No hit

Nothing happens

(Temp IS writable)

Lucas,

TEST:

Create shortcut for Notepad or Wordpad or Paint and test if it works.

Note:

I do not understand, why HOME directory is set to C:\Windows\System32 ? Why are you logged as Administrator ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Test summary: Failed

Shortcuts work alright, both for wordpad.exe (Program Files\WindowsNT\Acessories), as for mspaint.exe (SysWOW64 or System32)

Change HOME to the default \Users\Lucas, without profiting successes.

(I'll be out for the next 12 hours. In the meantime, would you tell me how does your Environment Variables looks like ? Anything you may suspect is Creo related)

Lucas,

I don't have any other idea ... I am sorry.

I hope CMD prompt (Start+R > cmd) procedure still works.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags