cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Does anyone know what datcode of Creo 2.0 will install and run with this setup?

tmeckley
1-Newbie

Does anyone know what datcode of Creo 2.0 will install and run with this setup?

I am trying to load Creo 2.0 on an HP Elitebook with Windows 7 and AMD FirePro M5950 graphic driver.  Does anyone know what datcode of Creo 2.0 will actually install and run with this setup?

14 REPLIES 14

Ted,

Refer platform support information for Creo 2.0 at Platform Support - PTC.com

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:tmeckley)

You really shouldn't have any problems with any datecode. Likely problems are graphics, you may have to turn off opengl in the config although your AMD firepro should be okay with the latest drivers. if you are trying to run large assemblies, you may need more ram.

You won't be on PTC certified hardware so if you call tech support, you won't get platform support.

The graphics card should run with Creo so I was told by PTC. When downloading later builds of Creo 2.0 the xtop.exe file does not even get installed.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Oh and if you have wifi card and Ethernet card, you may have to adjust a setting for the licensing, but that's not really related to this computer but to the way PTC licenses it's software

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I had a problem installing Creo 2 builds M080 through M110 because of the graphics card.  It would install but Creo would start only a fraction of the number of times I tried to start it.

Any build M070 and before or M120 or above worked for me.

I even created a call with PTC and they said there was a problem with some cards.

I had build M100 which seemed to work but when I went to download M170 the xtop.exe does not even install !!!!

I keep wondering why I only have problems installing PTC software and not AutdDesk, Solid Works and others..

With these kind of issues I have a very hard time convincing my management to stay with PTC products.. 

The only times I remember I had problems with some Creo files not installing were the faulty disk drive (source or target) or too aggressive anti-virus software. If you have some anti-virus installed and running I'd suggest to disable for the time of installing Creo and checking if the files are missing after installation.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Ted,

Was that on a laptop?  I had no problems on any desktops.  He mentioned he had problems on a Elitebook.

Yes.  A HP EliteBook 8760w Laptop

Interesting. I work on the same model and have no problems with running different versions of ProE or Creo (on Win7 x64, to be precise).

What graphics card (driver) do you have in your laptop?

It's Quadro 3000M and right now I'm using driver 347.52 downloaded directly from Nvidia site.

That's probably it right there.  Ted is using an AMD card.  The results definitely can be different for different cards.

Right, now went back to OP and checked it.

So if Creo is not running it might be the problem; I refuse to believe, though, that graphic card type might be responsible for xtop.exe missing from installation folder

If it's driver problem, Ted, you might check it by editing your Creo Parametric shortcut and putting -g:win32_gdi at the end of run command (after parametric.exe). If Creo will start, it'll mean there is some problem with your graphic card and I'd suggest updating your card's drivers, if it's possible.

Top Tags