cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Drawing Hole Tables

JWayman
1-Newbie

Drawing Hole Tables

Hello,

I have a plate with a number of holes, some tapped, some drilled clearance and counterbored and still others countersunk.

I am using Wildfire 4.

I have created a standard hole table, using the clicks: Tools, Hole Table, and placed the table on my drawing.

I have a couple of difficulties:
1. The holes are all listed as 'M3x.5 ISO' (or 'M4...', etc.) in the diameter column, with no indication of whether they are tapped, clearance, counterbored or countersunk. They are, however, all created using the Standard Hole wizard.

2. The notes showing the hole name (A1, etc.), are located so they overlap the hole feature itself. I would like them to be a couple of mm further from the centre line in X and Y.

3. Our company standard here (from back in the days of steam power) is for the X/Y coordinates of the holes to be shown in the conventional way, on the drawing view, but for the hole dimensions (diameter, counterbore, countersink, etc.) to be shown in the hole table, together with any applicable geometric tolerances. In order to achieve this, the convention is for hole types to divided up into notional groups. So our hole tables would show groups C1 and C2, both of which are M4 thro, counterbored 10 x 4 deep. I don't know if this is making sense. It never has to me.

Are there config options or something similar that I can change to make the hole table more like what I want?

Can it be made to work, or is it another 'nearly-feature'?

Thanks,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags