cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Excluded parts fail during regen in a simplified rep even though they're fine in master rep

joe_morton
17-Peridot

Excluded parts fail during regen in a simplified rep even though they're fine in master rep

I'm trying to understand why this is happening, and I'm thinking that it may be a bug in Creo 3.0?

I have a model with a simplified rep that has some excluded components. In the master rep, there are mates between some of these components. The master rep regenerates fine.

If the model is opened in the simplified rep and regenerated, the excluded components fail because Creo can't calculate the mates between the excluded components. If I switch to the master rep and regenerate, I can switch back to the simplified and everything is ok. Saving the model in this state doesn't help. The next time the simplified rep is opened and regenerated, the problem reoccurs.

I don't know why Creo is trying to calculate anything on the excluded components. The only workaround I can think of is not mating excluded components to other excluded components, but this wouldn't really work for current model.

I'm pretty new to Creo, so maybe this is just normal functionality, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:joe_morton)

No, this isn't normal. Simplified reps "suspend" (for lack of a better word) the failures of placement for related components.

Is it only on this one model or on all your models with simplified reps? Is there some thing you can upload to the forum that we can look at? From your description, it shouldn't be happening but it's hard to diagnose without actual files.

We've seen it on multiple files. I can't upload the actual models. I can try to replicate it in some dummy files and upload those.

Thanks!

Top Tags