cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

File, Manage Session freezes Creo 3 Parametric M040

llie
16-Pearl

File, Manage Session freezes Creo 3 Parametric M040

Has anyone been experiencing this scenario:

Creo 3 M040

PDMLink 10.2 M020

Basic functionality File, Manage Session locks up Creo Parametric and user has to kill xtop.exe with Task Manager in order to exit. This functionality is needed since Creo forces users into Offline Mode. This is the only way to get back online.

Lance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:llie)

We are currently in the same configuration (w/CPS09) and have not experienced this issue at all.  Have you tried a clean install w/no configs?  What about enabling Creo WGM debugging?

llie
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

Tom,

Can you reproduce these steps and get Creo back online. We all know that Creo kicks/forces users offline once in a while.

With Creo linked to PDMLink:

1. In  Creo, select File, Manage Session, Server Manager, RMB on your active server, select Work Offline, Close Creo Parametric, kill all of the processes.

2. Open Creo, select File, Manage Session, Server Manager, RMB on your active server, unselect Work Offline, select OK from the Synchronize Workspaces Window.

Creo freezes on any of the following: selecting Server Manager, RMB on your active server, unselecting Work Offline, or selecting OK from the Synchronize Workspaces Window

Please let me know what happens.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:llie)

No issue.  I can't make it fail.  Two points.

1. Generally when going offline or online, I uncheck upload and download and only allow it to synchronize.  (Leaving everything enabled didn't make any difference.)
  2. I have the embedded browser set to Chromium.  I did not test this functionality with Creo configured to use Internet Explorer.
Top Tags