cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Flexible Modeling Extension licensing

ocorten-2
9-Granite

Flexible Modeling Extension licensing

We would like to use Flexible Modeling.

We have several Creo Enterprise SE licenses (Flex3C) which do not include Flexible Modeling.

We don't want to upgrade them to Creo Engineer III licenses but instead buy the Flexible Modeling Extension (FMX)

Our sales contact tells us that the Flexible modeling Extension (FMX) is only available as a locked license.

Is that really true? Can we only buy the FMX extension as a node-locked license and not as a floating module?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just because it's a locked license doesn't mean it can't "float" to multiple people. You just have to have a specific startup configuration to allow the user to choose that option on startup.

Look at my presentation for how I "float" these type of licenses.

http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/do/sd/sid=2464&type=0

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Just because it's a locked license doesn't mean it can't "float" to multiple people. You just have to have a specific startup configuration to allow the user to choose that option on startup.

Look at my presentation for how I "float" these type of licenses.

http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/do/sd/sid=2464&type=0

David,

just little note ... real floating license does not force user to end Creo session, when he wants to use it or return it. I am sure that Olaf knows the difference between extension and option .

MH

Martin Hanák

Olaf,

I do not believe that community members know what's inside PTC pricelist .

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks David, I was hoping to be able to add this is a floating module. Can't be done probably.

Thanks for the link to your presentation. Very helpful.

Another partner here to validate further, sorry but there's no floating option. Eng III upgrade only makes sense if you want FMX AND Creo Manikin.

All the best,

Andrew

Top Tags