cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Global Properties : How to share user defined parameters with other users?

GopiGanesh
1-Newbie

Global Properties : How to share user defined parameters with other users?

Hello Experties,

I have a question on Creo Schematic. We like to add a user defined parameter called “Value” in Global properties list. That can be called out in any Block symbol.

Issue : once we created the user defined parameter, that is available only on the particular drawing we are working. If we like to share the parameter with other users… the creo schematic provides the only solution is saving the set of “user defined parameters” as “.csv” file. So that the other End user can import the parameters on his Global Property list with the use of shared “.csv” file.

Question: My question is do we have any alternative solution to preload the user defined parameters in Creo schematic ? …(just like a config.pro file used in pro-e).

Please let me know your suggestions.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I working now a lot with schematics global properties and i dont know how except this csv import and pkg import Both ways almost same, diference is pkg file can hold inside all or just selected project data. Also in both cases data inside files will be added to project and acsidently curent project data can be owerwriten (if there is duplicates) or can apear some unnesesary data.

I dint try but in teory you can place in pkg or csv just that data you want to add or renew. Also you can create template project with parameters you need and backup it to rsd. So all users when start new project just copy it, unpack and use with right global properties.

Also Central catalog is a good option

hope it was helpful.

Hi,

As aleksandas wrote , one of the best practice is to create template design (*.rsd) file which is used as template for any design in the organization . Each design created based this template will include all the settings/parameters defined in this template.

In addition, if you need to add parameters, you can add them to the design and from Creo Schematics 2.0 and later there is ability to export/import design properties.

This will export all design properties (parameters and other settings as well, if you are working with internal catalog – it will include also the catalog). Populate this file between the users in the organization. During the import of the design properties file you can review the changes and decide if you like to import and overwrite your design properties or cancel the import.

The benefit is that the user can see what changes are going to occur to the design and which parameters/catalog items are going to be added.

If you like to populate catalog – I strongly recommend working with Central Catalog

Top Tags