cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How can I run Creo 2.0 with my nvidia graphics instead of integrated graphics in windows 10?

rdockter
1-Newbie

How can I run Creo 2.0 with my nvidia graphics instead of integrated graphics in windows 10?

I don't think windows 10 is officially supported yet by creo and I'm aware of that so before anyone goes on a rant about using an unsupported OS....

At first I could not get Creo 2.0 to run at all on my windows laptop, the application just opened with a black screen.

Then I tried changing the default graphics processor from my nvidia card to the integrated intel graphics.

This allowed the application to run just fine, however I don't have any of the graphics acceleration benefits.

So is there a special driver or anything I can do to get Creo to run with the actual graphics card? Do I just need to wait for an updated driver?

If it matters my computer has an intel 5700HQ cpu and an Nvidia 970 gpu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rod,

I'm guessing you changed the config option graphics from opengl to win32_gdi, but since Windows 10 is still in compatibility testing phase, it's hard to say which driver version to use.

What's the machine configuration you are using?

Machine Type - Dell, HP, Lenovo??

Graphics card

Driver version

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Rod,

I'm guessing you changed the config option graphics from opengl to win32_gdi, but since Windows 10 is still in compatibility testing phase, it's hard to say which driver version to use.

What's the machine configuration you are using?

Machine Type - Dell, HP, Lenovo??

Graphics card

Driver version

Thanks,

Amit

Amit,

Thanks for the response.

I have now changed the graphics config option to 'win32_gdi' and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

Top Tags