cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How do you modify the config.pro - Creo 4.0 M-150

rflorence
3-Visitor

How do you modify the config.pro - Creo 4.0 M-150

How do you modify the config.pro file on Creo 4.0 M-150.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I remember correctly, I set up the options I'm provided with via the "reconfigure" program provided in the directory @BenLoosli pointed you to. With that program you'll hopefully see all the licensing options you have available, and can set up different .psf files to allow you to do each particular function.

First thing you'll have to make sure of is that you have read/write permissions on the directory in question. Our IT folk have locked us out of the ability to make such customizations, so special permissions had to be granted for this purpose.

You also might want to look around a bit on here to see similar discussions of .psf files, to get a feel for how they work. For example, I believe the order in which licenses are listed in a .psf file will determine which are pulled first, etc.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rflorence)

File - Options - Configuration editor

OR

you can use text editor and manually edit, just make sure it doesn't add an extension like .txt or formatting.

I used notepad to edit

The file itself is just a text file. You can edit it with any text editor.

You can also change settings from within Creo. This is probably how most people address the need. However, this method only shows you options that are "normal". It will not show you any options that are hidden, if that is important to you.

Keep in mind that there might be more than one config.pro. There are potentially company-wide files and others that are called before the user's personal settings.

Your personal config.pro file should be in the directory specified as "Start In" for the shortcut used to start Creo.

Lastly, remember that a config.pro file is read once at startup, unless you manually call for it to be read again. Settings are applied from the file from the top of the file to the bottom, once per setting. So, if you set the same parameter multiple times in the file, the last one is the one that will "win".

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

With Creo 4 through early Creo 7, I think, you have to be careful how you save the file if you do the changes from within Creo.

If you don't do it right, you end up with ALL the config file settings in your local config.pro.

The config.pro file drives the settings once a Creo session has started. My configuration question has to do with the "license options" that appear when Creo is first started. We have moved from the license options shown in the screen shot below to the licensing options (text) shown below the screen shot.

My revised question is: What file in Creo drives the license options on "startup"?

FROM THIS:

upload_-aW1hZ2UucG5n-1376997138536648786..png

                           TO THIS:

PROE_DesignEss 41.0 10 ptc_d 01-mar-2024
PROE_DesignEssG 41.0 1 ptc_d 01-mar-2024
MECELITEENG_License 40.0 11 ptc_d 01-mar-2024
MECELITEUI_License 40.0 11 ptc_d 01-mar-2024
CREOSCHEM_Lite 40.0 11 ptc_d 01-mar-2024
MATHCAD 26.0 6 ptc_d permanent(no expiration date)
MathcadPrime 9.0 6 ptc_d permanent(no expiration date)

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The licensing has nothing to do with the comfig.pro files.

That is controlled from the parametric.psf files in the <loadpoint>/parametric/bin folder.

If I remember correctly, I set up the options I'm provided with via the "reconfigure" program provided in the directory @BenLoosli pointed you to. With that program you'll hopefully see all the licensing options you have available, and can set up different .psf files to allow you to do each particular function.

First thing you'll have to make sure of is that you have read/write permissions on the directory in question. Our IT folk have locked us out of the ability to make such customizations, so special permissions had to be granted for this purpose.

You also might want to look around a bit on here to see similar discussions of .psf files, to get a feel for how they work. For example, I believe the order in which licenses are listed in a .psf file will determine which are pulled first, etc.

Top Tags