cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do you pull Locked Creo license before Floating license?

kshreeve
2-Guest

How do you pull Locked Creo license before Floating license?

I am using Creo Parametric 5.0 5.0.6.0

How to configure installation so run Node Locked license before running Floating Server License?
A user has a Node Locked license, but also needs access to Floating Server license pool.
When user runs Creo, floating license is pulled first. The goal is to pull Node Locked license first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kshreeve)

Create a second parametric.psf file with the floating server license designated. Create a second parametric .bat that then uses the second parametric.psf. Put both icons on the desktop.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kshreeve)

Create a second parametric.psf file with the floating server license designated. Create a second parametric .bat that then uses the second parametric.psf. Put both icons on the desktop.

That worked.  Thanks!

How to create second parametric.psf file

First off, you need to create both a pair of .bat and .psf files. Both must be the same name. For example, my setup currently has two:

Creo 4.0.psf and Creo 4.0.bat

Creo with MFG.psf and Creo with MFG.bat

The first is when I just need Creo with no added licenses, while the second is when I need to employ the NC programming licenses. We only have a very small number of NC licenses, so we don't want to be taking one of them unless you specifically need it.

To create the files I can either copy the set of files I have and edit them to do what I want, or I believe I used the "reconfigure" utility that is in the "bin" directory associated with your installation. For me it's C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M120\Parametric\bin. Either method should work. Which you use depends on your comfort with editing files and understanding what is available in terms of your licenses.

That worked.  Many Thanks!

We've got a few different floating licenses for other modules. Most of the time people don't need them, i.e. I'm just doing modeling, so I don't need the Machining Module. So, when I set up Creo on my machine, I generated different .psf files (and .bat files) from the setup utility. For my version of the program these are stored in

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M120\Parametric\bin

As a result, when I start up Creo, I get the menu of selections as shown in the attached image. The same should be true for the floating/locked licenses, I would think.

Do you have one desktop icon to launch Creo and get the menu selection?  Or do you have an icon for each .psf file? 

Thanks!  

I have one icon that, when I use it, brings up the menu I showed in the screenshot. When I look at its properties, the Start in: is

"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M120\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe"

It seems that parametric.exe looks in the same directory and if there's more than one .psf/.bat file duo in there, gives the user a menu as is shown. It's nice and convenient and prevents people grabbing a license they don't need.

Top Tags