cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How quickly figure out file location

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

How quickly figure out file location

I want to quickly see location (on the hard drive) of the part I am working with. I work with big assemblies in different folders. Sometimes parts are the same.

With Creo it's not clear. I looked for the answers. Suggestion is to edit config file. Is that really that complicated?

And how to actually edit it? 

Looked at this http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_optm/usascii/index.html#page/optm/options_modeler/fund_five_sub/Setting_config_pro_Options.html

They say go to Tools > Environment. But I don't have that menu option.

Your help is highly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:pvn)

I believe they moved the configuration editor under "File" "Preferences" or "File" "Options"

You can also go to the startup directory and create a text file called "config.pro" with the option in it where it will be read when Creo starts.

I would recommend looking at all the menu items as soon as possible to understand what the software can do for you.

display_full_object_path

no * , yes
Displays the object's file name (including its object-type suffix and its version number) and its file path in the window title and Model Info display.
no - Displays only the object's name.
yes - Displays the object's full name and its file path.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:pvn)

I believe they moved the configuration editor under "File" "Preferences" or "File" "Options"

You can also go to the startup directory and create a text file called "config.pro" with the option in it where it will be read when Creo starts.

I would recommend looking at all the menu items as soon as possible to understand what the software can do for you.

display_full_object_path

no * , yes
Displays the object's file name (including its object-type suffix and its version number) and its file path in the window title and Model Info display.
no - Displays only the object's name.
yes - Displays the object's full name and its file path.
pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:dschenken)

Thank you very much, dschenken! I appreciate it.

That is correct. In Creo 4.0 I went:

FILE >> OPTIONS >> Configuration Editor

There I added your command name and Value. Or in Show menu you can select All Options and it will show all of the available configurations names.

Then by right clicking on the part in the model tree and selecting Information >> Model Information, the PATH can be seen against the file NAME.

Screenshot attached for reference.

Top Tags