cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to take advantage of license policy change provided in "Change to License Borrow limit"

lbai
4-Participant

How to take advantage of license policy change provided in "Change to License Borrow limit"

How to take advantage of license policy change provided in "Change to License Borrow limit" at http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/freefull.jsp?&im_dbkey=170002&icg_dbkey=222

Run parametric_borrow.bat file under <Creo 2.0 M220 loadpoint> \Parametric \bin folder, the max value of "Borrowing Period in days" is changed from 14 to 179?

1.Need to apply the a new version license file for update license server?

2. Need to install a new version license server?

3. Or no action is needed for license server and only install Creo 2.0 M220 is enough?

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:lbai)

Hi,

I did some testing ...

1.) You need to get new license file (permanent license has 30 days/720 hours borrow limit, subscription license has 180 days/4320 hours borrow limit).

2.) You need to apply new license file on license server.

3.) You need to install CR2 M220 (first release supporting longer borrow limits).

4.) ptc_borrow.bat displays the same default borrow limit as in CR M210, you can change it manually to 29/179 days

I tested:

• FLEXnet 10.8.10 64-bit, lmgrd version ... I had serious problems with borrowing extension modules
  • FLEXnet  11.11.1 64-bit, lmadmin version ... I had problems with borrowing 2 specific extension modules -AND- with early returning functionality

Conclusion:

• I am going to arrange additional testing
  • I am going to open Case at PTC Support

MH

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

MartinHanak‌,

Did you ever get any feedback from PTC on this?  I have a brand new license file with BORROW=720 but Creo 3.0 M110 still only allows 5 days.  I'm wondering if I need a specific (newer) version of the license server...

Thanks.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:TomU)

Hi,

I hope that new borrow limits are independent on FLEXnet version - I think that 10.8.x -OR- 11.x.x versions can be used.

New borrow limits are implemented in Creo 2.0 M220 & Creo 3.0 M100 and following maintenance releases.

Maximum value of borrow period is set to 5 days, by default.

If you want to take advantage of borrow limit defined in license file (i.e. BORROW=720), you have to modify parametric_borrow.bat and ptcborrow.bat files in Parametric\bin directory inside Creo installation. See below - added lines are in red color.

@echo off

set PRO_LANG=english

set LM_BORROW_DURATION=29

set MC=unset

... and so on ...

Note 1: set PRO_LANG=english command must be applied in non-english environment

Note 2: The value assigned to LM_BORROW_DURATION variable represents maximum number of days which can be set in Creo dialog box.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags