cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

I need to reconfigure an installation of Creo 8.0.8.0 to include Generative Design

LF_9964242
3-Visitor

I need to reconfigure an installation of Creo 8.0.8.0 to include Generative Design

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.8.0

I was hoping to understand what Application Feature would be required for Generative Design. We have a user who has a very basic install and it is missing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LF_9964242 wrote:
Thank you very much for your response. That is good to know that it would be better to do a reinstall, I will do so. The user does have a compatible machine and an applicable license

When I am reinstalling the application would I have to pick a particular feature? Or is this included by default? I think someone unchecked several boxes in the install as this is included in our other builds.

Thanks,

Hi,

unfortunately I don't know all the installers by heart. When installing, proceed slowly and read all the information carefully.

Edit: Check the configuration of startup command.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@LF_9964242 wrote:
I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.8.0

I was hoping to understand what Application Feature would be required for Generative Design. We have a user who has a very basic install and it is missing.

Hi,

1.]

User must have license containing Generative Topology Optimization module.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS323850

2.]

User must have computer with supported graphics to perform Generative Design.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS352348

3.]

To "reconfigure" install I suggest you to uninstall it and do new clean installation.

Martin Hanák

Thank you very much for your response. That is good to know that it would be better to do a reinstall, I will do so. The user does have a compatible machine and an applicable license

When I am reinstalling the application would I have to pick a particular feature? Or is this included by default? I think someone unchecked several boxes in the install as this is included in our other builds.

Thanks,

@LF_9964242 wrote:

Thanks,

Hi,

unfortunately I don't know all the installers by heart. When installing, proceed slowly and read all the information carefully.

Edit: Check the configuration of startup command.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags