cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

In a assembly drawing, how can I show subassemblies annotations?

tleati
10-Marble

In a assembly drawing, how can I show subassemblies annotations?

Hi,

I need to create model annotations in a given subassembly, and then show them in upper level assemblies drawings containing that subassembly.

As fas as I know, I usually manage to pick sub-parts annotations, but in this case they doesn't show up in "show model annotations" window. Is it possible? (do I have to set a specific config.pro option?).

Here below a video of my problem:

Video Link : 7322

thanks

Bye

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Tommaso,

Unfortunately I don't have the answer for you. I want to 2nd your complaint, my issue is very similar. in an assembly drawing, I want to show the dimensions of the component that I used while assembling the component.  I have tried

1. If I pick query select and pick the part, it shows the dimensions of the part, not the component.
  2. if I show the placement folder in the model tree, I have tried picking on the set and the individual constraints with no luck.
  3. show all works, but these are pretty large assys and I can't go thru and pick the individual dimensions because the drawing is far too cluttered.

The only way I can do it is to go to the model, then go to the annotate tab and show the dimension in a 3D view first, then I can come back and pick the constraint from the model tree and show it. This is not acceptable! It takes too long.

Best Regards,

Karl Krahmer

tleati
10-Marble
(To:kkrahmer)

Hi Karl,

thanks for your reply. Yes, also the technical support just told me that in order to plot model sub-assy annotations in higher level assy drawing is to:

-> go to drw model tree settings (hammer and wrench icon)->Tree filters->annotations ticked

->right click on annotation and select "Show"

->(then you can erase/delete them playing with model tree and drawing tree annotations)..

But what is more deceiving than this quite long work, is the fact that you can add these annotations just for one repetition!

For instance if you have 5 repetitions of a subassy and want to plot, for all of them, their internal model annotations, you can do it just for one of them.

In my case I have to, for completeness and clarity reason towards the customer (and not only), display these dimensions for all the wheels present in that assembly...the only way is to put them in manually, which isn't even a big deal in itself, but if I had to replace them the references fall off, the sizes become violet and I have to redefine attachments every time...

Bye

Top Tags