cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

License Borrowing

wfalco
15-Moonstone

License Borrowing

Hi,

I have figured out how to borrow a license and to set it in my system valiable. I have a few questions:

1. How do I return a license before its due date?

2. If I do not return the license before it's due date and check out a licence for more time, for example.....will the first one I borrowed still remain borrowed for the time left? I guess what I'm saying is.....do I have to return the license back before borrowing another? I don't want to monopolize the licenses.

Thanks,

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you can return the license using batch file containing something like this:

@echo off
set PATH="C:\PTC\Creo7_020\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj";%PATH%
lmutil lmborrow -return -c 7788@lic01 -vendor ptc_d PROE_DesignAdv
pause

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

Search the Knowledge base, plenty of hits on: return borrowed license early

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

I am attempting to get a login to ptc support from our rep. hopefully I get that soon. Thanks.

Hi,

you can return the license using batch file containing something like this:

@echo off
set PATH="C:\PTC\Creo7_020\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj";%PATH%
lmutil lmborrow -return -c 7788@lic01 -vendor ptc_d PROE_DesignAdv
pause

Martin Hanák
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

This is what I get....

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Are you sure PROE_DesignAdv is the name of the license you borrowed?

I assume you changed the "lic01", and PATH addition to reflect your particular installation, yes?

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

Hi Ken,

That will be a no to both questions.

I am just a cad guy trying to be an IT for a moment. I know I borrowed a license for 5 day. I tried it offline. I would just like to return it an take it out for a longer duration. I am thinking, if I don't return the first one, then I will be grabbing 2. I rarely give props to Autocad....but their process is all in one place to take and to return. No fancy stuff. LOL.

Wayne

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Yeah, licensing stuff can be kind of cloak and dagger. Plus it seems PTC is never happy with the names they've chosen, or need to have new ones for the latest combos of features, etc. It's much better now than it was in the long ago, but still not very straightforward when you've got problems.

Glad you figured it out eventually.

Autocad, egads. I guess it's nice for people to do lots of stuff, especially factory layouts and the like, but I like my parametrics.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

Yeah - our company has a lot of legacy drawings done in Autocad. Even some of the new stuff is in Autocad. But that's being done by die hard Autocad fans. My group stays away from Autocad. But we still have legacy files. I do both CAD tools. Getting better at Autocad. I would never want to design anything in it. It does have 3D capabilities I have messed with, but not parametric.

You were helpful with my borrowing issue. Thank you. You got me to figure out which licence I borrowed and to figure out the right path.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

I figured it out!!!

I had to figure what nomenclature to use.

Thank You!

Top Tags