cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

License Retrieval

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

License Retrieval

Has anyone tried to retrieve a new license file this week?

We purchased some additional licenses and I added them to our server yesterday but I have not received the new license files. Usually I get a new license file in about an hour.

I also requested a detailed license report about 4 hours ago and it has also not shown up in my mailbox.

I did get an email about a case I opened, so ptc.com is not a blocked domain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I found the files!

PTC has changed the sender address for license files so they got caught in a Rule that sent certain emails to a sub-folder in Outlook.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi,

I can confirm that on 03-Oct-2023 morning (CET, Prague) there was long delivery time related to license files and CDRs.

Martin Hanák

With the new month, I popped on to get our new yearly license file, yesterday, and it was pretty fast. Maybe a few minutes?

Perhaps it's a "today" thing.

JamesAvis
14-Alexandrite

For us, recent changes to Outlook have sent some PTC emails (NOT case related emails, oddly) to the quarantine.  If you have that, check both your "Other" inbox in outlook, and your quarantine at https://security.microsoft.com/quarantine .  I'm assuming these are standard features, so again, if you're set up similar to us, once it's in your inbox there might be a Report Message button in Outlook to report it as Not Junk which would stop it from going to quarantine.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JamesAvis)

I had this happen the other day when our spam detection provider added the PTC community IP to a suspected list. They removed it from the suspected list after a couple of days.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I found the files!

PTC has changed the sender address for license files so they got caught in a Rule that sent certain emails to a sub-folder in Outlook.

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

I am receiving emails from this forum and PTC license updates but unable to retrieve license generated for home use program.

After trying to "Retrieve license" should be sent from do_not_reply@ptc.com but nothing received, nothing in spam folder on server.

It used to work couple of months ago but not now.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:PetrP)

Hi,

1.] what exactly does PTC license update mean?

2.] what exactly does home use program mean?

3.] how do your retrieve the license?

Martin Hanák
PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:MartinHanak)

1) License updates when subscription is renewed etc. These emails came from DO NOT REPLY <sfdcdonotreply@ptc.com> for example.

2-3) As you know every Creo subscription may be used at home as well so you can generate license for home use (private MAC address).

After I generate home license via "PTC/Manage License" then using a button "Retrieve license" so file "license.zip" is generated and sent to my email but it fails (even popup says it has been sent OK).

HUfail.png

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@PetrP wrote:

1) License updates when subscription is renewed etc. These emails came from DO NOT REPLY <sfdcdonotreply@ptc.com> for example.

2-3) As you know every Creo subscription may be used at home as well so you can generate license for home use (private MAC address).

After I generate home license via "PTC/Manage License" then using a button "Retrieve license" so file "license.zip" is generated and sent to my email but it fails (even popup says it has been sent OK).

HUfail.png

Hi,

I use following procedure:

MartinHanak_0-1697021264720.png

Martin Hanák

The procedure works well in case that you installed HomeUse license to specific HOST-ID in the past.

Martin Hanák
PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Know this and used as well with the same result (nothing received).

When our vendor tried to get my license file he received it shortly. We checked spam rules on company server but nothing received from that PTC email.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@PetrP wrote:

Know this and used as well with the same result (nothing received).

When our vendor tried to get my license file he received it shortly. We checked spam rules on company server but nothing received from that PTC email.

Hi,

option no.1

MartinHanak_0-1697022314303.png

option no.2

• create new PTC account using different email address (in Czech Republic you can create email at seznam.cz for free)
  • login using new PTC account
  • retrieve HomeUse license

my test

• I retrieved HomeUse license a couple of minutes ago using seznam.cz email adress
  • it took 5 minutes for the email with the license to arrive

Martin Hanák

You can also open Case at PTC Support and ask them to send you HomeUse license file. Some person from PTC Romania will solve your request.

Martin Hanák
PetrP
14-Alexandrite

I want keep it linked to company email for all scenarios. Most of them works OK except "HU receive licence". Strange is couple of months ago worked OK as well.

Anyway I see very useful tools called "License repository" aside email but this is not available atm for standard licenses (ThingWorx only).

Repo.jpg

PTC should allow it and problem with sending emails will be solved...

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@PetrP wrote:

I want keep it linked to company email for all scenarios. Most of them works OK except "HU receive licence". Strange is couple of months ago worked OK as well.

Anyway I see very useful tools called "License repository" aside email but this is not available atm for standard licenses (ThingWorx only).

Repo.jpg

PTC should allow it and problem with sending emails will be solved...

Hi,

so the only solution is ... open Case at PTC Support and ask them to explain why you cannot retrieve HomeUse license. Good luck.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I hope that you understand that test with seznam.cz email address will tell you whether the problem is related to your company email address.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags