cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

License server down intermittently

cying
10-Marble

License server down intermittently

I am not 100% sure if the root cause is from the latest flexNET (11.19.0) that was installed earlier this year.  Our license server daemon has been down intermittently and more so this week.  Our IT team has escalated the ticket with PTC, just curious to know if anyone else is also facing this same issue.

Thanks!

Calvin

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:cying)

Hi,

no problem on our site. Maybe you can try FLEXnet 11.19.4.3.

Martin Hanák

Thanks, i will recommend this to our IT.

cying
10-Marble

Just to circle back.  The root cause of our issue was the update to Flexnet 11.19.4.3.  This was to address the security vulnerability and license timeout issue. We had to uninstall Flexnet 11.19.4.3 and go back to 11.19.0.  Everything seems to be working normal again.  The next release of FLEXnet will be out later this month.  Hopefully, we do not face this intermittent issue with this next release. 

Thanks!

Calvin

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Take a look at this article

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS410989

I was about to proceed to upgrade my server in minutes, and upon reading the PTC support KB, I found the above article

Marco
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

@cying wrote:

Just to circle back.  The root cause of our issue was the update to Flexnet 11.19.4.3. 

We are successfully running 11.19.4.3 on Linux without any issues.

We are successfully running 11.19.4.3 on Linux without any issues.

I am going to backtrack that. We too are experiencing the restarting issues. Have not had any users complain about licensing issues however my license usage tracker program just "complained". After looking in the ptclmgrd.log I can see frequent restarts of the ptc_d vendor daemon.

Top Tags