cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mechanism Question

jo'sullivan
1-Newbie

Mechanism Question

I need help setting up the constraints for a mechanism, my experience is limited.

The mechanism consists of two separate assemblies.

Assembly One has a fixed part ‘A’ and a moving part ‘B’ which has a general mechanism constraint.

Assembly Two has a fixed part ‘D’ and a moving sub-assembly ‘C’ which has a general mechanism constraint.

In the top level mechanism Assembly Two is assembled first as default and then Assembly One is introduced as a general mechanism constraint.

I can only seem to achieve Fig 2 but need to show the mechanism as Fig 3.

Also when the mechanism is fully mated I need to show the two assemblies in their demated positions on separate drawings, whilst still maintaining the mated position in the top level mechanism drawing.

The config 'enable_advance_collision' is turned on and the 'Global Detection' is on in each assembly and the top level mechanism.

I have attached the CAD data.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

mechanism.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I would be so tempted to simple add a servo motor and gear connections at a single level with user defined motion profiles for each element.

I have not used collision on any mechanism to date. I know it has limitations and the logic should be simple. However, I find motion profiles are also easy to manipulate.

Top Tags