cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mold Analysis Merges Template Part into Current Part

cordeneaux
3-Visitor

Mold Analysis Merges Template Part into Current Part

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.5.0

When I start a mold analysis (mold flow), Creo merges my default template solid part with the part I'm analyzing. My default template has solid geometry in it so I get a merge between the part I want to analyze and my default template part. Even if I delete the template part, the analysis still includes it. It is using the file set by the config.pro option: template_solidpart. Creo 6 did not exhibit this behavior.

Here are the errors that I faced
This shows up in the message window when I click on the "analysis" option
Using the template default \\prod\root\Other_Drives\CAD-Ilox\Intralox_Molds\standard_components\startup_models\startup_mold_part.PRT as the template.
1 REPLY 1

Hello @cordeneaux ,

I suspected perhaps there might be solid geometry in your template models, and this is the reason support request was opened in the community.

I checked into this and compared Creo 4.0 behavior with Creo 10.

I observed Creo 4.0 did use the solid template as well:

Next, I created a template with solid geometry and tested 

Solid geometry template image:

I then compared results using default creo template & then same part using template with soild geometry set in config.pro, and noticed a difference that I feel warrants further investigation by PTC R&D:

Given the above, I have opened a case on your behalf and will reach out offline.

Best regards,
Mark

Mark Fahlbeck
Top Tags