cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

More length variation occurs between harness length and flat length, how to minimize it?

mbabu
6-Contributor

More length variation occurs between harness length and flat length, how to minimize it?

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.9.0

I created a harness assembly which has around 40-50 bare individual wires and were not packed with bundles. After flattening and detailing, the flat length differs from the actual harness wire length (which is common) but the difference value comes around 1-2 inches. How to minimize this length variation?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jchelle
15-Moonstone
(To:mbabu)

Dear customer,

Thank you for reporting this query to this Community.

Starting from Creo Parametric 6.0, PTC introduced new Harness Manufacturing Extension Configuration ribbon menu that will allow you to drive different options for harness manufacturing drawing creation.

In such Configuration menu you have access to Length Inflation options like Extra Length, Fixed Length, Round to Length in accordance with the harness units.

I hope this will help.

PS: if this information answers your question, please do not hesitate to Mark as Accepted Solution.

Best regards

Jean-Claude

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jchelle
15-Moonstone
(To:mbabu)

Dear customer,

Thank you for reporting this query to this Community.

Starting from Creo Parametric 6.0, PTC introduced new Harness Manufacturing Extension Configuration ribbon menu that will allow you to drive different options for harness manufacturing drawing creation.

In such Configuration menu you have access to Length Inflation options like Extra Length, Fixed Length, Round to Length in accordance with the harness units.

I hope this will help.

PS: if this information answers your question, please do not hesitate to Mark as Accepted Solution.

Best regards

Jean-Claude

Top Tags