cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Option to suppress the display of the "unsaved data may have been lost" warning box?

pausob
18-Opal

Option to suppress the display of the "unsaved data may have been lost" warning box?

Often, I am faced with this window:

pausob_0-1674064029593.png

Problem is, its yes/no buttons are not responsive because the system is waiting for acknowledgement of this dialog box:

pausob_1-1674064072462.png

Sometimes, there are several of these warning boxes, and often, they are hidden behind other windows and not accessible except via moving them "to the front" via the taskbar manipulations.

I am wondering if there is a config.pro option to prevent the application from displaying this annoying (on so many levels) warning dialog box.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

you have following options:

1.] resolve problems in communication between Creo session and license manager (this can be difficult)

2.] borrow license (Creo session that uses a borrowed license does not communicate with the license manager)

Martin Hanák

Thanks @MartinHanak for suggestions; with me connecting  / disconnecting to the VPN and the computer going to sleep / waking up, the connection to the license manager is intermittent by design.  Besides, I often use borrowed licenses and still get the message about unsaved data being lost.  So I'm not super interested in changing my habits to prevent the (stupid) message from showing up; I repeat that I sure don't see a point to this warning being broadcast and insisting that the user acknowledges - there is no choice to be made, it doesn't tell me how it happened and does not suggest what I can do to stop it from happening.  IMO, this is yet another demonstration of PTC not testing their product and being oblivious to negative user experience.

@pausob wrote:

Thanks @MartinHanak for suggestions; with me connecting  / disconnecting to the VPN and the computer going to sleep / waking up, the connection to the license manager is intermittent by design.  Besides, I often use borrowed licenses and still get the message about unsaved data being lost.  So I'm not super interested in changing my habits to prevent the (stupid) message from showing up; I repeat that I sure don't see a point to this warning being broadcast and insisting that the user acknowledges - there is no choice to be made, it doesn't tell me how it happened and does not suggest what I can do to stop it from happening.  IMO, this is yet another demonstration of PTC not testing their product and being oblivious to negative user experience.

Hi,

my comments to your reply follow ...

1.]

My own operating rules say ... do not use the Windows sleep function

2.]

You can easily test whether the problem is related to VPN. Simply go to the corporate office, connect your computer to corporate LAN and work (without using VPN)..

3.]

You are using VPN at your own risk. Do not expect that PTC (or any other company) will test every VPN product in combination with Creo.

4.]

Maybe the problem is related to FLEXnet not to Creo.

Martin Hanák

Your comments are appreciated; I feel they might help in finding the cause of the phenomenon and possible resolution to my original question - which is how to spare the end user from having to see and acknowledge a diagnostic message that seems to be meant for the system administrator / IT department.  Unfortunately, they are not applicable due to company IT rules.

It seems someone was annoyed enough with the need for the end-user to acknowledge that "floating license has been regained" message that PTC implemented suppress_license_loss_dialog option.  I was hoping they did the same with this silly "Unsaved data may have been lost" (what the heck does that even mean?) message box.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:pausob)

There is a config option that is likely not what you want but you can try it.

suppress_license_loss_dialog yes

Top Tags