cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Parametric 10.0.1.0 Crashing on Startup

PaulHeatheringt
2-Guest

Parametric 10.0.1.0 Crashing on Startup

I am using Creo Parametric Release 10.0 and Datecode10.0.0.0

Have now installed Paramatric 10.0.1.0 on 3 workstations and the program opens to the Splash screen briefly but then crashes on each one - all 3 machines have the exact same issue. Nothing in the Windows Event Logs to suggest what the problem might be. Can you help me with this ASAP please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sarvesh_B wrote:

Hi @PaulHeatheringt,

You can refer to the article CS398358 this might help you to resolve the issue.

I applied solution mentioned in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS398358 and it resolved the problem.

• Copy the files "_ifx_start_mdl.cfg", "ifx_options.xml", "ifx_pin_data.cfg", "ifx_screw_data.cfg" from <Creo Parametric load point>\Common Files\ifx\configuration  to C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\buw\IFX\10.0

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Can you call your VAR (Value Added Reseller)?

They should be able to walk you through the set-up process.

Or open a tech support ticket if you aren't thru a VAR. https://www.ptc.com/en/support

Are you a new Creo user or coming from an older version?

Do the workstations have a PTC certified configuration? 

Try renaming any configuration files so they don't load.

Try setting the following in your config.pro to use the built-in graphics: graphics win_gdi

Paul,

We typically see crash on startup with new versions when the graphics card isn't OpenGL certified, is too old, the graphics drivers are old, and/or the graphics drivers are not configured properly for running Creo Parametric.

As Ben suggested, try starting Creo Parametric with the config.pro option graphics win_gdi.

From the PTC KB:

• Refer to article 169272 for instructions to debug graphical issues in Creo Parametric
  • Refer to article 31905 for instructions to assess if hardware is supported for current Creo Parametric version impacted

Regards,

Dan N.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PaulHeatheringt)

Is a trail file and/or traceback file generated?  If so, can you attach them here?

Hi @PaulHeatheringt,

@Sarvesh_B wrote:

Hi @PaulHeatheringt,

I applied solution mentioned in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS398358 and it resolved the problem.

• Copy the files "_ifx_start_mdl.cfg", "ifx_options.xml", "ifx_pin_data.cfg", "ifx_screw_data.cfg" from <Creo Parametric load point>\Common Files\ifx\configuration  to C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\buw\IFX\10.0

Martin Hanák
Top Tags