cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Registry Hive question

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Registry Hive question

There are a number of registry edits required to get PDMLink to perform at acceptable levels.

I have a network that has diskless machines, when you power up the desktop it loads a disk image from the server. Every CAD user get's the same disk image. They have no write permissions to the image, or registry.

A number of the recommended registry settings from PTC are in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. I'm wondering if I can move those entries to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive instead of the Current User hive.

Registry entries in question are:

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I don't believe so since Windows itself is looking in those specific locations for those settings. BTW what browser version are you using? IE 6 is the only version that I've seen that still requires the SocketSendBufferLength adjustment.

On Microsoft-based clients, one factor which can have an effect on performance is the send buffer in Internet Explorer6 and prior. the value for this can be modified using the technique outlined below. This has been resolved as of Internet Explorer 7.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CCB99B.63EA2320]

I found a potential solution to my question.
There is a free utility that allows you to modify the registry of a user that isn't logged into a system. You can also modify new user profiles, so that anyone that does log in gets the registry settings you already defined.

It's detailed here.
Top Tags