cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Right Click Purge in Windows Explorer (Windows 7)

WayneN
3-Visitor

Right Click Purge in Windows Explorer (Windows 7)

Pro/E and Creo Experts,

I just switched from XP to Windows 7. In XP I used the Tools > Folder Options > File Types menu in Windows explorer to create an action called “Purge” under file folders.

I put in the following command: C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c cd "%1" &"D:\ptc\wildfire5\bin\purge.bat" *. Then I could select a folder, right click on it, and select Purge from the pulldown menu and this would purge that folder.

On Windows 7 there is the Tools > Folder Options menu but no File Types menu under it. Does anyone know where it went? I have a batch file that will recursively purge a folder and it’s subfolders but sometimes I just want to purge one folder and not it’s subfolders and it’s quicker. I hope I don't have to edit the registry.

Thanks,

Wayne

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi !

You open Control Panel\Default Programs\choice "Associate a file..."

By the way, please refer to this link: http://communities.ptc.com/message/152160#152160

Top Tags