cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

SUMMARY: Point file .pts import truncating accuracy

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

SUMMARY: Point file .pts import truncating accuracy

Sorry, should have said Creo 2.

I received this answer off-list:

"Not sure what release your using: If it's Creo 2.0 try this config option: default_dec_places

Setting Range is (0 - 13)"

Sure enough, changing this from 3 to 6 caused .pts values to be imported at their full accuracy of (wait for it) 8 or 9 decimal places (depending on total number of digits - actually 10 sig fig). Go figure....

I also had this reply on Planet PTC:

"Check that in your config.pro the following setting is set:

default_dim_num_digits yes

On Creo 2.0 M100, I tested that when I changed it to read:

default_dim_num_digits no

the system then started truncating the .pts imported dimensions to 3 decimal places (the value of default_dec_places setting)"

I haven't tested this but assuming it works, it sounds more useful than just increasing dp everywhere (which I'm sure we didn't do when this worked properly some years ago).

Thanks all!

Jonathan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags