cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Saving Wildfire4 models as Wildfire3 models

CarrieIves
1-Newbie

Saving Wildfire4 models as Wildfire3 models

We have recieved some Wildfire4 models and another group in our company that works in Wildfire3 needs to use them. Can we save as an older version? What does it take to do that? How usable are the models after we do that save as?

Thanks,

Carrie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I do not believe this is possible. I think they main reason has to do with the new cache format.

James

Sent via iPhone

On Nov 18, 2009, at 1:21 PM, "Carrie Ives" <-<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">>">mailto:->> wrote:

We have recieved some Wildfire4 models and another group in our company that works in Wildfire3 needs to use them. Can we save as an older version? What does it take to do that? How usable are the models after we do that save as?

Thanks,

Carrie

-----End Original Message-----

Look up the CGRI plug-in at ptc.com. It should allow you to open the
WF4 models in WF3.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Several people told me about PTC's GRANITE Cross Release Interoperability (GCRI). We are looking into this.

Belowis the link about Granite Based Cross-Release Interoperability (GCRI). We have tried it and it seems to work. However, we had issues while in the older version of Pro/E. We were able to open the WF4 file in WF3, but Pro/E goes bye bye when performing a File/Backup. Save As seems to work, but then you have to rename the file. Good luck.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=/132326.htm

Top Tags