cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Spin center always centered on screen

ptc-859099
1-Newbie

Spin center always centered on screen

I have recently installed a 3DConnexion Spacenavigator to my computer, and in order to get my navigator to spin from the spin center I want it to I have to use my other mouse and middle click spin a little to get the spin center to change. I know I can turn on my spin center display and this will always keep my spin center on the center of the part but I do not want this. Is there a way so that my spin center will always be in the center of my screen no matter what? I have a few options that I have played around with but I dont know exactly what they do. Can someone help with that as well. sim_pp_display_spin_center spin_with_orientation_center spin_control The last one is a hidden config, I found a website that list all the hidden congis but it doesnt explain what anything does, anyone know of a site that list them and explains what they do? Using wildfire 3.0 Thanks, Nathan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumbled over this old thread while searching for the answer to the same question:

You can switch to screen center from within spin Preferences.

In Creo Parametric you find it under Named Views > Reorient > Type > Preferences

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan The spin_with_orientation_center is a WF4 option, so it will not do anything in WF3. I have been using a space navigator for over two years and in order to spin from anything else but the world coordinate location you have to use the mouse as you have stated or use the orientation menu and select screen center. Eric
zyoder-2
5-Regular Member
(To:eric.mills)

I have just switched over to a new job where the company uses Creo and was wondering if this has ever been solved (not having to use the center click to establish the spin center)?  I previously used SolidWorks and have found that Creo, while maybe more powerful, fails miserable with the user interface.  I want to open a model and, by default, have the spine center always be the center of the screen without having to click through options to make it so!

There is probably a config option that sets the status; alternatively you can create a mapkey to change the setting.

In either case, there is no mode for making Creo act like Solidworks, so you'll need to give up the muscle memory you developed before and create new ones to work with Creo. It's been at least a year since you moved to Creo, so I'm surprised such problems still exist.

zyoder-2
5-Regular Member
(To:dschenken)

I get the idea of giving up the muscle memory but I also still use Solid Works for freelance CAD work so I'll have to learn both sets of muscle memory :).  It seems that with Creo, every answer is always "probably an option for that".  It just seems that Creo should spend a little more effort into their interface (I feel like I'm getting carpel tunnel just with the number of clicks).  I get the pros/cons of each platform but SW def has a much better user interface and has a way easier learning curve!

Creo seems to be stuck in the 90's compared to the other platforms I've used. 

Thanks for your input and help though!  Appreciate it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:zyoder-2)

I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure the option you need to set is 'orientation_style'.

Spin Center.PNG

Stumbled over this old thread while searching for the answer to the same question:

You can switch to screen center from within spin Preferences.

In Creo Parametric you find it under Named Views > Reorient > Type > Preferences

Top Tags