cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Temp downgrade of Windchill license to Intralink

AJ_TROGLIO
11-Garnet

Temp downgrade of Windchill license to Intralink

We are currently on Creo 4 and Windchill (Intralink) 8.  If I do a ptcstatus.bat I see 15 Intralink 8 licenses available.  Unfortunately, we need about 25 until we get ourselves upgraded to Creo 8 or 10 and Windchill 12 later this year. 

We have purchased numerous licenses of Windchill 12 but they're just sitting there, waiting for implementation.  It would be great if we could temporarily transfer those to Intralink 8 licenses for a short period of time.

Is there something we could do now w/ PTC or are we stuck until we upgrade?

Thanks..

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 4 M150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AJ_TROGLIO)

You have asked this question in the Community. While we like to help users, when it comes to licensing, the Community can do nothing except tell you to contact PTC directly. You can open a ticket with the license management group from the pTC eSupport page under the Manager Licenses selection.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please discuss your situation with PTC.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You have asked this question in the Community. While we like to help users, when it comes to licensing, the Community can do nothing except tell you to contact PTC directly. You can open a ticket with the license management group from the pTC eSupport page under the Manager Licenses selection.

Ben

Most questions logged with PTC gets directed to here for help since we are on Creo 4 and that is no longer supported.  I was interested what others may have done in this situation.  I'll have our admin take up the case w/ PTC and see if they will respond.

Thanks.

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 4 M150
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

AJ,

At LiveWorx last week, I mentioned this issue to the Community team that there needs to be some filtering of the pass off from the results you get from Dylan to either the Community or opening a support ticket. All licensing questions should be support tickets and not come to the Community.

Top Tags