cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Virtual Desktops for Creo - Questions? (reposted from proecad)

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Virtual Desktops for Creo - Questions? (reposted from proecad)

Hello all,

I had copied this post from proecad discussion group. I hope system admins would have something to say on the matter.

===========================================================================================

Hi all,

Did anybody try to run Creo Parametric on Virtual Desktop based on MS 2012 server with RDP-FX protocolrunning on top of Hyper-V ?

Our IT guys for one reason or another do not want to deal with Cirtrix XenDesktops and trying to persuade engineering to useMicrosoftsuggestedVDI configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Feliks.

In Reply to Christopher Gosnell:

It may seem to some (like me) that remember timesharing, etc... on old CAD systems in the late 70's early 80's and may comment that we are going back to this, but this type of system adheres to Pournelle's rule 'One user/session, at least one CPU' that makes the whole thing possible.

The other thing not really mentioned is because of the NVIDIA cards and the limitation of 8 sessions per box, performance is better guaranteed. The trick becomes the network, with good design, load balancing, etc... being crucial.

Also, no Internet, no work being done. Maybe this will eventually push us to create fast Internet access that is both cheap and plentiful in the USA, like other countries have done.

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags