cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

WF5 M140 Graphics issue

rwisten
1-Newbie

WF5 M140 Graphics issue

All,

We have found a graphics issue in WF5 M140 here at Tetra Pak.

Features or components that are added become visible in the model window but not in the model tree.
A remedy is to repeatedly activate the already active window. 🐵

We have an ongoing call with PTC TS and one suggestion was to change the Aero theme in Win 7 to Windows Classic on the machines that have the issue. We have tried that and it makes no difference.

It's a tricky one to troubleshoot since the issue is intermittent -sometimes there and sometimes not.

What we know this far is that the issue does not (so far LOL) occur in our production version M060.
The same user who had the issue was given M130 and the issue went away.

To us the issue seems to be specific to M140.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Worth mentioning is that most if not all users who have reported this are running dual screens.
Typical machines are Dell M6500 and 6600.

Thank you,
Richard Wistén @ Tetra Pak
3 REPLIES 3
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:rwisten)

On 07/05/12 06:17, Wisten Richard wrote:
> All,
>
> We have found a graphics issue in WF5 M140 here at Tetra Pak.
>
> Features or components that are added become visible in the model window but not in the model tree.
>
> A remedy is to repeatedly activate the already active window. Smiley Surprised)
>
> We have an ongoing call with PTC TS and one suggestion was to change the Aero theme in Win 7 to
> Windows Classic on the machines that have the issue. We have tried that and it makes no difference.
>
> It's a tricky one to troubleshoot since the issue is intermittent -sometimes there and sometimes not.
>
> What we know this far is that the issue does not (so far LOL) occur in our production version M060.
>
> The same user who had the issue was given M130 and the issue went away.
>
> To us the issue seems to be specific to M140.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I have a reproducible data set that I sent to PTC and opened call c10854081. According to PTC
tech support this issue is not reproducible in WF5 M150.

This issue affects both the Solaris and Windows platform and only WF5 M140.

>
> Worth mentioning is that most if not all users who have reported this are running dual screens.
>
> Typical machines are Dell M6500 and 6600.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Richard Wistén @ Tetra Pak
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Richard and Randy,

I am seeing the same issue, running on HP Z210 workstation, on win7. I recently upgraded from M080, which was fine. I wanted to run something beyond M090 to get EFX Lite...

I searched the knowledgebase and found the call about setting the windows theme,

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS18338

so far this has worked for me, however you are correct, it is intermittent, and might come back to bite me next week.

This is a really irritating issue, looks likewe will have to wait for M150...?

dustin
1-Newbie
(To:rwisten)

Same issue here running Dell Precision 490 with XP Pro x64.

Top Tags