cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Window size

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Window size

Some dialog boxes cover the side toolbars of the window. Is there a setting that can reduce the width so this doesn't happen? See the attached pic.
7 REPLIES 7
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

Here's the pic. I'm posting as a link because the "Add an Attachment" functionality of this forum sucks.

Try the "reserved_menu_space" option (value 1.0 to 4.0). I cannot give you the correct value for your specific window right now since I have now WILDFIRE at hand. Just play with the value until it fits.

Thank you. This works exactly the way we want. Now, to make it more complicated.... if we have 2 monitors can we set this value so the reserved menu space is zero in the main window and the dialog boxes go onto the window to the left?

In WF3, the dialogues /did/ sit on the second monitor, for us at least. Now that we've upgraded to WF4 (and I'll admit there are some nice improvements in this upgrade), they're back to the primary monitor again. Oh well - you win some, you lose some... I posted a similar question (about second monitors) on PTCUser, without any useful replies - it appears some people prefer to keep all the Pro/E stuff on one monitor.

"Grahame Ward" wrote:

Thank you. This works exactly the way we want. Now, to make it more complicated.... if we have 2 monitors can we set this value so the reserved menu space is zero in the main window and the dialog boxes go onto the window to the left?

can anyone tell me where i can locate "reserve menu space option
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:machinist)

"Landon Wells" wrote:

can anyone tell me where i can locate "reserve menu space option

Top Tags