cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windows Firewall blocked FLEXnet Admin License Server

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine

Windows Firewall blocked FLEXnet Admin License Server

Hello,

I have a problem with the firewall of my Windows server 2022 blocking the FLEXnet Admin License Server program, when I go to Private network settings and set it to turn off the machines access normally, I have already released the path C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\lmadmin.exe but it still gives an error that there is no license something else needs to be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:MS_Santos)

I believe you need to add the vendor daemon, PTC_D.EXE, to the exception list as well.  The licensing services will use both executables.

Regards,

Dan N.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Sounds like an IT issue, not a PTC issue that any community members can solve.

Contact your IT department who set up the firewall rules.

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

Hello ,

I know it's not PTC's problem, I'm an IT guy, I've already created the release rules in the firewall for the program, but it's still blocked. I put it here thinking if someone has already gone through this could give me a help.

dnordin
15-Moonstone

I believe you need to add the vendor daemon, PTC_D.EXE, to the exception list as well.  The licensing services will use both executables.

Regards,

Dan N.

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine
(To:dnordin)

Hello, it worked, thank you very much for your help

Top Tags