cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

With the cache upgrade in Creo2 M100, is there any risk of losing locally modified data?

cmarquardt
6-Contributor

With the cache upgrade in Creo2 M100, is there any risk of losing locally modified data?

I just upgraded a users datecode of Creo, and I broke my rule of forcing the user to checkin all data and clear cache before performing the upgrade.  (I forgot, silly me)

Anyway, now it is creating the _backup directory it does when changing from a pre-M100 version to a post-M100 version.  The user has 31gb of Cache (believe it or not, it isn't all that uncommon here).  I am curious if there is much risk in losing locally modified data if I just let it go. Or, should I kill Creo, reload the old Creo version, force the checkin/cache cleaning, and try again...

Anyone have any experience with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmarquardt
6-Contributor
(To:cmarquardt)

The cache upgrade that goes along with post M100 date-codes does not appear to cause any issues with locally modified data.  Although I probably won't do it again, it appears to be okay if you do.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cmarquardt
6-Contributor
(To:cmarquardt)

The cache upgrade that goes along with post M100 date-codes does not appear to cause any issues with locally modified data.  Although I probably won't do it again, it appears to be okay if you do.

Top Tags