cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

choosing a mouse

gbon
1-Newbie

choosing a mouse

Hi alls,

Very big question for a very long time :
What kind of mouse are you using ???

I'm using Logitech mice for several years but I'm not very happy with middle button that's offently used in ProE.
I think it's hard to just click and not go neither right nor left in the same time.

I can't understant why Logitech don't let me choose what action to assign on each button.

So I installed UberOption driver that allow me to set an other button for middle click.
Since Setpoint 4.8 Logitech driver, Uberoptions doesn't works anymore.

So, I'm wondering
- if there is another software that let me assign middle click on the button I choose.
- if a new mouse (like G700) would let me choose to assign the buttons as I want.
- if there is another mice brend that could let me do this.

Thanks for any advices,
GB

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

look at 3d connexion. a little expensive but you will never go back to a regular mouse again.
hippe
1-Newbie
(To:gbon)

I recently purchased a Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX. The scroll wheel is actually pushed right or left instead of pressing down on the scroll wheel for the middle button. In addition to the scroll and right and left mouse buttone, you have 3 more buttons available, 2 at your thumb, and one in line with the scroll wheel closer to your palm, all of which are programmable.I set my scroll to push to the right for the middle mouse button. I havefound this to be a more natural posture for my hand and I never really have to lift my leftfinger to actuate the MMB, I just slide it over slightly. An addidional benefit is the unnifying nanoreceivercan be paired with other items such as a wireless keyboard and the darkfield laser trackingworks welleven on glass.
ctrummer
1-Newbie

I have used a Logitech Trackman Wheel for the past 10 years. Though the first version had an issue with the middle mouse button similar to what you explain, recent versions are fine. When I dis-assembled my first one it used a linkage to press the switch for the wheel, while the other buttons pushed directly on the switches. If you can still find one I would recommend the USB Trackman Wheel <u>http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/429/166?WT.z_sp=Image</u> Once you get used to the thumb control you won't go back to a mouse - I switched because of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Chris Trummer

pgress
1-Newbie

On 12/29/10 09:57 AM, Chris Trummer wrote:
>
> I have used a Logitech Trackman Wheel for the past 10 years. Though the first version had an issue with the middle mouse button similar to what you explain, recent versions are fine. When I dis-assembled my first one it used a linkage to press the switch for the wheel, while the other buttons pushed directly on the switches. If you can still find one I would recommend the USB Trackman Wheel _
Top Tags