cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

create an assembly get a pop up box that says " xxxxx.asm could not be created"

frankgriffin
3-Visitor

create an assembly get a pop up box that says " xxxxx.asm could not be created"

I am using Creo Parametric Release 4.0 and DatecodeM140

When a user tries to create an assembly and he gets a pop up box that says " xxxxx.asm could not be created". This worked 2 weeks ago but now suddenly fails today.

Here are the errors that I faced
xxx.asm could not be created
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We are in the process of upgrading to CREO 8.

The user in question was using CREO 4.

The forms and base models used when creating a new model were updated to CREO 8 without me knowing.

So when the user in question tried to create a model his CREO 4 was not able to load the basic item needed so model creation failed.

Thanks for the help guys.

Frank

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

2 scenarios to consider, with PDM system and without.

With a PDM system, could that part number already be in the system someplace? It could be in another user's workspace and they have not saved it yet, so no one else will see it. The system admin can search and see it.

Without a PDM system, does that file already exist in the user's working directory?

If it is something other than these reasons, please provide more information.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:frankgriffin)

Probably need more info.

Is it with any random name? Could it be trying to save to a read only folder?

Is it with file - new  or is it within the an assembly created with the "create new sub-assy" icon from with an existing assembly?

Family table related?

We are in the process of upgrading to CREO 8.

The user in question was using CREO 4.

The forms and base models used when creating a new model were updated to CREO 8 without me knowing.

So when the user in question tried to create a model his CREO 4 was not able to load the basic item needed so model creation failed.

Thanks for the help guys.

Frank

Top Tags