cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

how to make pro E 5.0 not creat the "std" files or

ptc-3075778
1-Newbie

how to make pro E 5.0 not creat the "std" files or

Everytime I open pro E 5.0,system always creat a files named "std" in my desktop automatically,how to make this unhappen or let the "std" created in my specified folder.Thanks. the "std" files include following information: Fatal licensing error: Excessive restarting of license server(s) detected.
4 REPLIES 4

I assume the file name is std.out. This ia an output file written by the xtop.exe meaning that your ProE session has a problem in your case a license problem. For instance if ProE crashes it will generate an std.out file which tells memory problem or whatever happened. I beleve if you sent theese files to PTC they will be able to spot the problem in that particulary session. Theese files are written in the working directory that you are working at the moment an event occur. In your case in the beginning of the session you have a lisence error and your ProE is configured to start as working directory your desktop. Common practice is to have a directory called "parts or work or anything that suits you or your company" and configure ProE to start in this directory as working directory. Therefore the first std.out file will be written there. Ussaly if you don't have sesion problems don't pay attention to theese files, just delete them but if you have license, configuration problems or crashes speak to your reseller.

How to restrict creation of std.out file to only when ProE crashes?

Right now it is creating every time for me and showing all the INFO MESSAGE. Is there any settings which can restrict it?

I don't think that you can prevent PRO/E from creating a std.out file, as I have already mentioned is a debug file for PTC technical support.

As long your PRO/E session is ok don't pay attention. Use a serch for "std.out" files and delete them!!!!

Thanks for your reply.

As it is writing all the INFO MESSAGE(s) to std.out file, the size of the file (more than 2 MB) is becoming large and it is causing performance issues.

std.out and std.err was created earlier only for ProE crash. But now both are getting created always. We need to find an option to create these files only when an error occurred.

A sample std.out file attached, this is created when I just opened the Pro/E.

Top Tags