cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

m020 to m030 update - bad news

davehaigh
11-Garnet

m020 to m030 update - bad news

The bad news is it totally removed the m020 folder under Common Files.

Previously it left that folder so you could go grab your configs & .ui files out of it and place them in the new location.

Fortunately, I have other copies.

David Haigh
2 REPLIES 2

I run my Creo install as a Network installation and the clients only have a shortcut that points to a custom batch script I created. Among other things, the batch script will retrieve each users config settings from a network folder that is separate from the Creo install.

I did this to prevent anyone from loosing their configuration settings when moving from one release to the other. Their personal hard drive could go out and it would not matter. Creo and the user config files all live on the network.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:davehaigh)

We have local installs as our engineers must be able to work from outside the company in Creo on a low bandwidth network, but all configurations are stored on a network drive and copied locally at launch if needed.

/Bjarne
Top Tags