cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

mechanism tracing curve problem

lbiancone
6-Contributor

mechanism tracing curve problem

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.10.0

I am trying to simulate the effect of a lathe machining on a part with planarity errors.
with my licence i decided to try to suse machaism design to simulate the rotation of a part, move another part as it is the tool of the lathe, then get the 3d curve from the mechanism as it is the "machining" result.
problem is that that curve has very weird results depending on the settings on the "graphic visualization" on the Analysis definitoon windows.
i don't understand why

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issue was opened via a case with PTC Technical Support.  Issue was due to high value of "minimum interval" set in analysis. Decreasing value resolved the issue.

Mark Fahlbeck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MWunder
17-Peridot
(To:lbiancone)

Hi

Obviously, the problem is difficult to imagine.

I understood that "lathe machining" is pretty much "turning" and Creo Mechanism does the job but too rough. Is that right?

I don't see if you are looking for the best solution of a problem which you not yet described in details.

Or if you are rather looking for a justification/confirmation if/why Creo does it as it does?

Can you please rephrase and add some model/pictures illustrating your approach?

Regards

Issue was opened via a case with PTC Technical Support.  Issue was due to high value of "minimum interval" set in analysis. Decreasing value resolved the issue.

Mark Fahlbeck
Top Tags