cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

mmweb - WebConfig.getInstance(context) - what's the context introduced with 19.1

lfortner
11-Garnet

mmweb - WebConfig.getInstance(context) - what's the context introduced with 19.1

CED Model Manager mmweb customization needs to use WebConfig.getInstance() to retrieve some info through the XML configuration file.

With 19.1 introduction WebConfig.getInstance() changed to WebConfig.getInstance(context).

Is there anybody able to explain what's the context parameter, and how to set it properly in order to re-use WebConfig.getInstance(context) to retrieve XML configuration information.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

First quick answer - retrieved from my Netbeans IDE

/**

* Get the current WebConfig instance.

* @return the WebConfig instance.

* @see WebConfigFactory#createInstance(ServletContext)

*/

public static synchronized WebConfig getInstance(final ServletContext context) {

Thanks Max,

And this is precisely my question: how to use this method, and what's the ServletContext context I should use to retrieve such a WebConfig. Have you a use example of this method?

Well, from inspecting the sources with Netbeans, I don't get a clue 😞

I suggest the following Actions (in this order):

- Log A Case with PTC Support

- Debug the WebService - not easy, but can be done

Top Tags